Monday, January 14, 2013

Enough

Going for what I thought was a dream, I laid it all out on the line.
Told them my strengths, my struggles, my hurts, and waited to hear their reply. 


Not ready. 
We suggest...
Try again in some time.

Answered prayer.
Hard nonetheless.
Shot to my pride.
Hurt and confused.
Am I such a mess?
Feeling a bit defensive,
but knowing I do have work to do.
Crying one minute.
Thanking You the next,
with tears still in my eyes.

"The plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of His heart through all generations" Psalm 33:11.

Acknowledging I'm not perfect and never will be.
I thank You, Father, for remembering I'm from dust.
Thank You for giving me more grace,
accepting me as I am,
idiosyncrasies and all.

Remembering the truth of Your love.
That YOU called me to come adventure with You :)
You said I was enough.
Not, "Do this, then maybe."
But, unconditional love.

I've asked too much of others.
Held things over their heads.
God, help me to forgive
and leave room for HUMANITY, mistakes and failures we don't plan.
We try to keep it all together in a world that is spinning,
not realizing that...
we won't ever be ready in the sceptic's eyes.
Thank goodness I'm not living to please men, and that I get to be Your friend <3
They feel the pressure too.
The weight of the world saying, "Do this and that.
You're not enough, not now, not like that."
Who will believe in us and give us a chance?
When our dreams we look at like a dying romance...

Before time I chose you, I chose them, had this plan.
Though you can't see what's next, My plan, it still stands.
Ask and I'll give the nations to you.
Not an empty promise.
These words remain true.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! So many parts of this piece struck a chord in me. You always have the perfect words to describe the feelings of the heart (and those of God's). You have no idea how encouraging this is to read! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that :) It's always a strange encouragement to know others can relate and understand.

    ReplyDelete